When I split the cases to renew the crank bearings it was the perfect opportunity to re-paint the
whole engine. I used some wire wheel attachments on a drill and some fine grade sand paper to prep it. The paint I used was
engine enamel acrylic spray paint from a can.
The new cylinder head was red (XL250R) so this had to be baked in the oven; REALLY bad
smell in the kitchen doing it this way, so open them windows for sure!!
Since painting the cases with a rattle can, I've discovered the fine art of powder coating. I acquired
the necessary kit and have been powder coating the cases and everything else!
Click each picture to see a larger version.